Learn about Flow - FLOW
FLOW tokens and Flow
The FLOW coin (“FLOW”) is the Flow network’s native currency and the foundation for a new, inclusive, and transnational digital economy. If Flow is the digital infrastructure, FLOW token represents the network’s fuel. FLOW is the money necessary to run the network and all of its apps.
FLOW is intended to act as both a payment mechanism and a long-term reserve asset for the whole Flow economy. Validators, developers, and consumers utilize the token to participate in the FLOW network and get incentives. It is also utilized to collect fees and participate in protocol governance in the future.
Flow is a blockchain that is fast, decentralized, and developer-friendly, and it is intended to serve as the basis for a new generation of games, applications, and the digital assets that fuel them. Flow is the only layer-one blockchain developed by a team that has continuously provided excellent consumer blockchain experiences: CryptoKitties, Dapper Wallet, and NBA Top Shot are a few examples.
About Flow Ecosystem Activities
Flow is a blockchain built from the bottom up for mass adoption, and it is the only blockchain that incorporates usability enhancements into the protocol layer. Top developers and some of the world’s greatest businesses are already use Flow to create whole new experiences with high-quality content.
Flow has a diverse ecosystem that includes prominent entertainment companies, development studios, and venture-backed businesses. Flow ecosystem partners include global IP brands such as Warner Music, Ubisoft, the NBA, and the UFC; leading game developers such as Animoca Brands, Sumo Digital, and nWay; crypto leaders such as Circle and Binance; and several notable projects among the next generation of high-growth startups such as Opensea.
About flow characteristics
- Smart contracts on Flow are written in Cadence, a simple and secure programming language for crypto assets and applications.
- Multi-role architecture: Flow’s design is unique in that it allows the network to grow to service billions of users without sharding or diminishing consensus decentralization.
- Consumer onboarding: Flow was created with mainstream customers in mind, with payment onramps providing a secure and low-friction route from fiat currencies to cryptocurrency.
- From upgradeable smart contracts to the Flow Emulator, this network is built for developers who wish to create important goods for the community.
- Nodes of Consensus – Determine the existence and sequence of transactions.
- Collection Nodes – Improve dapp network connection and data availability.
- Execution Nodes – These nodes carry out the calculations related with each transaction. These nodes have no decision-making authority.
- Verification Nodes – These nodes double-check the work of the Execution Nodes.
Tools for developers
Currently, several items are debuting on Flow, in addition to NBA Top Shot and CryptoKitties. Cadence, Flow’s native language, is used to write smart contracts on the Flow blockchain.
The Flow team has designed a webpage to help developers who have never built blockchain apps get acquainted with Cadence.
Another distinguishing aspect of the Flow blockchain is that developers may deploy their dapp in beta mode while upgrading the code when issues emerge. Users will be notified of these changes when engaging with the program.
The code becomes immutable after the authors submit the final version, which means it cannot be modified again.
FLOW Creators & Contributors
Dapper Labs created Cryptokitties, Dapper, and NBA Top Shot. Dapper Labs, founded in 2018, utilizes blockchain technology to improve digital engagement.
Blockchain-enabled apps may connect fans closer to their favorite businesses, offer users a stake in the communities they contribute to, and allow customers to become creators.
NBA/NBPA, Warner Music Group, and UFC are Dapper Labs partners. The creators of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, Google Ventures, Samsung and AngelList are among Dapper Labs’ investors.